The Banana cakes are very famous in bakery shops in Hong Kong style. If someone says or reminding about Banana Cakes, it will definitely bring a smile to your lips and a little happiness to your heart. Maybe it is because you already know the taste of the Banana Cake. Thus Banana cakes are super delicious and very easy to make at home. And the best advantage is you can make Banana cakes at a very low cost.
The main ingredient of this cake is Banana, and sub-ingredients are flour, sugar, butter or oil, eggs, and baking soda. Actually, bananas are able to be pureed or mashed with an electric combination or using a food processor and combined into the cake batter, after that you can garnish your Banana cake top with sliced bananas.
Read more – How to Make Cake like Brownies?
Moreover, the Banana Cake is very soft and rich in creamy. This cake is a wonderful dessert that you can taste with your loving family members at any time. Furthermore, you can take overripe bananas and brown bananas to make this delightful plus delicious Banana Cake.
By the way, when we talk about gluten-free banana cakes, you can make gluten-free banana cakes at home easily with one cup of rice flour and with some sweet cream cheese frosting. So in this article, we are going to talk about Gluten-free Banana Cake. And you will be able to know How to make a gluten-free Banana cake too.
Ingredients for the Cake
- 2 cups of all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of acceptable salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 6 tablespoons of melted vegan butter (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs (100g, balanced out of the shell – beaten and at room temperature)
- 72g of grated sugar
- 55g of brown sugar
- 2 or 3 teaspoons of pure almond extract
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of milk
- 200g (1cup) of mashed bananas (very ripe bananas are worthy)
- Lemon juice
Ingredient for frosting
- Coconut whipping cream (chilled)
- Freeze dried banana powder or, mashed bananas
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of almond extract
- 2 tablespoons of soft vegan butter
- 1cup of powdered sugar
How to make gluten-free banana cake?
- First of all you have to preheat your oven to 325°F. Track a 9-inch four-sided baking dish and set it on the side.
- Then take a small bowl and add eggs (room temperature) into it. Then beat well.
- Next add sugar to the egg mixture and beat well until light and foamy.
- Then keep that bowl aside. (The egg mixture)
- Take your bananas and mash them well.
- After mashing the bananas you can add some lemon juice to the mashed banana bowl. And mix them well.
- (Adding lemon juice to the mashed bananas will help to prevent bananas from browning and for acidity)
- Then add flax egg to the mixture (1tbsp ground flax seeds plus 3tbsp plant milk) and add melted vegan butter or some unflavored oil. And vanilla extracts too.
- If you like you can 1 or 2 teaspoons of almond extract into the mixture and it helps to enhance the banana and vanilla flavour.
- Now combine the mixture well.
- After that add flour, baking soda, and salt into the mixture and combine well.
- At this time add half of the egg mixture into it and gently mix just to combine. Then add the remaining flour and gently mix.
- You have to be very careful so you don’t disperse the bubbles.
- And then add the rest of the egg mixture. As well as softly mix again just to incorporate by using folding motions.
- After these things now take two cake trays or dishes to divide the batter in half. And put oil paper into the trays.
- Now put your batter into the trays and bake at 355–360 F for 25–30 minutes.
- After the baking process, let them cool for 10 minutes before removing them from the dishes or trays.
- Remove your cakes from the trays and let them cool completely.
How to make dairy-free frosting?
- Take a bowl and put the chilled coconut whipping cream into it. Then beat it well.
- Then add freeze-dried banana powder or mashed bananas into the coconut whipping cream mixture. Beat them together very well.
- Take another bowl and put the soft vegan butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract into it and beat the mixture very well.
- Now add a little whipped coconut cream to the butter mixture and it will slowly chill the butter without forming clumps. Mix them well.
- Now mix those two until well combined. Beat it very well.
So the frosting and the cake are done. Now let’s look at how to assemble the Banana cake correctly.
How to decorate/ assemble the Banana cake?
- Take one banana cake layer and spread the frosting cream all over the surface of the banana cake. (only on the 1st cake layer)
- Then take another banana cake layer and paste in on the first layer. Now put the frosting on to the surface of the second cake.
- Now chill the cake for at least two hours before serving.
- You have to decorate the cake just before serving to avoid browning. So do not decorate the cake too earlier. Otherwise, your banana slides that using to decorate the cake will get brown colour.
- After chilling the cake you can now serve your banana cake with some decorations.
- Get some sliced bananas and paste them on the top of the cake frosting.
- If you like you can spread some chocolate chips on it.
I hope you learn how to make gluten free banana cake. So please make sure to share this article with your friends if you got help. Also, if you have any questions about this, feel free to contact us through contact us page.