Bihari Kabab is one of the popular street food in India. There are few ingredients that use to make Bihari Kabab. You can easily find those ingredients on the market or the store. Please be sure not to eat this food every day as it is not healthy. So first, we are going to check ingredients that we need to make Bihari Kabab.
Read more – How to Make Kababayan Bread at Home?
What Ingredients are Needed for Bihari Kabab?
- 2 1/2 pounds beef sirloin or chuck (cut into 1″ thick strips)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large onions (sliced)
- 1 tbsp. ginger paste
- 2 tbsp. garlic paste
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. ground cumin powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground star anise powder
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon papaya paste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. mace powder
- Salt to taste
How to Make Bihari Kabab?
- First, you have to fry the onions until getting gold color/smooth. Then drain them on paper to get rid of oil. Once you have drained them, put into the grinder and grind them until it’s getting a smooth paste.
- Now mix the onion paste and all spices such as garlic, ginger, cumin, black pepper, red chili powder, star anise. Then add some yogurt into the paste and mix it well.
- Now you have to cut beef strips and mix with paste that you already made. Add some salt to get a taste of the mixture and besides for 10 hours in the refrigerator.
- Now cooking time. Once beef strips ready, take it of the skewers and heat your grill or broiler on medium heat and thread 8 to 10 beef strips on each skewer.
- Now cook it until it getting gold or your liking. Usually, you should cook on a low flame for 30 minutes.
- Once you cooked, you can serve with everyone who likes to eat Bihari Kabab.
Can We Use Chicken Instead Beef?
Yes, of course, you can use chicken strips instead of beef. But remember original Bihari kabab use beef strips to make it. So if you use chicken strips sometimes taste will change.
Some people don’t like to eat beef, so they can use chicken strips to make the kabab. When you made with chicken, it called chicken Bihari kabab.
Check This Video to Better Understand the Recipe
I hope you learn how to make beef Bihari kabab. So please make sure to share this article with your friends if you got help. Also, if you have any questions about this, feel free to contact us through contact us page.